Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm Finished, Now What?

Well I did it! I finished the latest draft of my holiday novella. I know it still needs some work, but while I'm waiting for my readers to come back with their comments, I'm left wondering what's next. I know what you're going to say, if you're finished writing one project move on to the next, but how do you decide what's next. Usually I have some ideas in the back of my mind of stories I want to write or characters who are just waiting for me to write about them, but at the moment I've got nothing. Any advice? I'd like to get back to my romantic suspense roots for my next project -- so I know that's the direction I'm going to take,  And I do have a half-written story that was interrupted for a number of reasons, should I go back and retool the opening of that and focus on finishing or is the fact that I put it down in the first place a sign that the story isn't working? Decisions, decisions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment